Apple released iOS 5.1.1, an update for the mobile operating system for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on Monday, May 07, 2012.
According to Apple official website the iOS 5.1.1 Software Update contains improvements and bug fixes:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
You can install the update directly from your iOS device, if you’re running iOS 5 or later:
- Launch Settings
- tap General
- tap Software Update.
The iOS 5.1.1 upgrade is a much smaller file than iOS 5 or later